[Ads-l] Earliest Use of "Cook the Books"

Tue Feb 5 07:05:34 UTC 2019

Mark Mandel wrote:
> The word "by" appears to be missing here:
>
> ...was only to be discovered ^ the closest investigation...

Thanks for remarking on this, Mark. Yes, my transcription accidentally
omitted the word "by" which was present in the original page image.

The information in my posts sometimes contains errors, e.g., typos,
and omitted words. Please double-check the data in my posts before
using it. I usually specify the germane database. If you need to
examine a page scan, and you are unable to access the database, then
please let me know off list.

"To Err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine," said Alexander Pope. He wrote
"Humane" instead of "Human". You may wish to verify this yourself.

Garson