[Ads-l] "Ants on a log" -- Request from a freelance writer

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 21 18:17:55 UTC 2019

Perhaps related, Plato says this in “Phaedo”

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0170%3Atext%3DPhaedo%3Asection%3D109a <http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0170:text=Phaedo:section=109a>

****
“Secondly,” said he, “I believe that the earth is very large and that we who dwell between the pillars of Hercules and the river Phasis live in a small part of it about the sea, like ants or frogs about a pond, and that many other people live in many other such regions.
####
####

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA