[Ads-l] see-you-next-Tuesday, n. (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY FUTURES COMMAND (USA) 0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Tue Mar 12 20:24:03 UTC 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

> FOX News's Tucker Carlson was caught on audio using the c-word to characterize women.
>
> On MSNBC, Nicolle Wallace paraphrased Carlson's remark by saying he thinks "women are see-you-next-Tuesday [sic]."
>
> I was surprised to find there's even a Wikipedia article on it.
>
> JL

In 1972, Jethro Tull's bassist, Glenn Cornick, was in a group called Wild Turkey.  Their second album, Turkey, had an instrumental track entitled "See You Next Tuesday."

A play entitled "See You Next Tuesday" ran in the UK in Jul 1983 -- I can't tell from descriptions if the title is a reference to the c-word.

_The Guardian_ 2 Nov 1989 p 17 col 1
"'He's a real See-You-Next-Tuesday.'
'Pardon?'
'A See-You-Next-Tuesday.  You know, a c-u-n-t. . . '"

Hackensack, NJ _Record_ 14 May 2000 p. YT-6 col. 6 [syndicated Roger Ebert Movie Answer Man column]
"There is still time for Hanks to work with John Landis, who includes the dialogue "See you next Tuesday" in every one of his films, after first hearing it in Kubrick's "2001."  One can imagine the line being used, for example, just before the long-suffering Hanks disappears in the bathroom."

This is weird, because the line from "2001" is "See you next Wednesday", and that is what Landis quotes in his films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/See_You_Next_Wednesday
Was Ebert making a Freudian slip, and misremembering the line?  Was he consciously slipping in the C-acroynm?
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED