[Ads-l] jhalmuri

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 8 04:36:07 UTC 2019

“Jhal muri” is not in the OED, in Webster-Merriam or in Wiktionary.

Wikipedia has an entry with closed spelling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jhalmuri <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jhalmuri>):

——
Jhalmuri (Bengali: ঝালমুড়ি) is a street snack originating from the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent, made of puffed rice and an assortment of spices, vegetables, and chanachur or bhujia. It is especially popular in Bangladesh and the eastern regions of India.
——

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzx4v/nyc-settles-with-hundreds-of-street-vendors-after-trashing-their-food-carts <https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzx4v/nyc-settles-with-hundreds-of-street-vendors-after-trashing-their-food-carts>
NYC Settles With Hundreds of Street Vendors After Trashing Their Food Carts
Diana Hubbell

—
Nothing short of a blizzard can keep the 89-year-old from this spot, where he sells bottled water and jhal muri, a Bengali street snack consisting of a tongue-tingling blend of puffed rice and black chickpeas laced with mustard oil, green chile paste, and spices.
—

https://www.thequint.com/neon/satire/why-i-am-rallying-against-twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-extreme-diet <https://www.thequint.com/neon/satire/why-i-am-rallying-against-twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-extreme-diet>
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s Diet Is A Conspiracy Against Us Foodies

——
When I land in New York, MOMA, MET and Guggenheim can wait till I have found out for myself, if the jhalmuri at Greenwich – that my favourite food influencer can't stop raving about – is really the best.
——

https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/195195/Dhaka-night-in-foreign-eyes <https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/195195/Dhaka-night-in-foreign-eyes>
Dhaka night in foreign eyes
Prothom Alo English Desk

——
Among the various street foods, this reporter tried out a few different kinds: jhalmuri, chotpoti, fuchka, achars and coconut water.
——

https://www.india.com/news-travel/kolkata-food-trail-dishes-to-try-in-the-city-of-joy-3632578/ <https://www.india.com/news-travel/kolkata-food-trail-dishes-to-try-in-the-city-of-joy-3632578/>
https://www.thedailystar.net/backpage/news/eat-healthy-stay-healthy-1735447 <https://www.thedailystar.net/backpage/news/eat-healthy-stay-healthy-1735447>
https://www.thebetterindia.com/55212/british-guy-jhalmuri-express-london-angus-deenon/ <https://www.thebetterindia.com/55212/british-guy-jhalmuri-express-london-angus-deenon/>