[Ads-l] thermothrockle

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 31 22:55:50 UTC 2019

1942 Arthur T. Horman _Desperate Journey_ (film):

MAJ. OTTO BAUMEISTER [R. Massey] : That plane you were flying. ... We know
they are capable of operating at amazing altitudes. How do you manage to
supercharge the engines at the extreme cold of those high altitudes?

F/O JOHNNY HAMMOND [R. Reagan]: If I told you, the others wouldn't find
out?

BAUMEISTER: Certainly not. ... Now: about the supercharger!

HAMMOND: It's done with a thermothrockle.

BAUMEISTER: A WHAT??

HAMMOND: A thermothrockle. Anfiladed through a dalagada. Of course, this is
made possible because the durnadyne has a frainacoupling.

BAUMEISTER: I do not understand you.

HAMMOND: I knew you wouldn't. But if I'd told you before, the ancimeter on
the other side prenulates the caludaspell hepyulis. And that's the entire
secret, and there you have it.

BAUMEISTER: I do not follow you.

HAMMONDWell, maybe I could make it more clear if I drew you a diagram.

BAUMEISTER: Certainly.

HAMMOND : Now, you see there are three things that you gotta understand.
[Draws diagram.] As I said before, the dalagada to which is anfiladed by
the thermothrockle is made possible by its connection with the
frainacoupling of the  durnadyne. Why, even at cruising speed, naturally,
the caludaspell hepyulis is prenulated by the ancimeter .[With rising
excitement.] Makes no difference, you could just be takin' off, snowin' or
rainin', any pilot'll tell ya that the altitude [points excitedly at
ceiling to distract BAUMEISTER] - ten, twenty, thirty thousand feet...!
[Hauls off and - fadeout - prepares to clock BAUMEISTER on the chin.]

2005 https://tiedyedbrainrays.typepad.com/blog/2005/04/a_tough_row_to_.html
:

"You checked the flux capacitor [of the lawnmower]?"
"Yes, first thing."
"And the oscillating over-thruster was amphilated through the
thermothrockle?"
"Yep."
"But you do realize the dynagometer is the key to the whole thing?"
"Well, of course. I'm not an idiot you know."

2011 https://www.lumberjocks.com/replies/292257 : You need to pack that
[table] saw up and ship it to me for a total complete extended evaluation.
I’m betting the thermothrockle rod or the muffler bearing is out of
adjustment.

2012  https://www.sailnet.com/forums/825570-post3.html : I asked if they
were ever tempted to say [my radio] was "showing a diminished
thermothrockle output"
and then sell me a new one.

JL