[Ads-l] readout

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 21 23:02:04 UTC 2019

The earliest example I've found for the "meeting summary" meaning of
"readout" is from a 1974 UPI article about a private conference at Camp
David that Henry Kissinger held with representatives from five major
industrial powers to discuss high oil prices. State Department spokesman
Robert Anderson was quoted as saying, "There are no press briefings planned
before, after or during the conference. There will be no readout on the
meeting."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/36378137/readout/

More in my Twitter thread on "readout" from September:

https://twitter.com/bgzimmer/status/1177261069712203776