[Ads-l] readout

Fri Nov 22 04:04:34 UTC 2019

This appears to be an instance of the "readout" jargon employed in the
diplomacy domain in 1971.

Date: December 7, 1971
Newspaper: The Calgary Herald
Newspaper Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Column The Nation
Author: Charles Lynch
Quote Page 43, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/image/481451947/

[Begin excerpt]
Mostly international palaver

But after the afternoon talks were completed, White House
press secretary Ron Ziegler, having had what he called a
"brief readout" from the president, seemed anxious to give
the impression that most of the palaver had been on the
international situation.
[End excerpt]

Garson