[Ads-l] double-tap (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Sep 12 20:01:10 UTC 2019

Excellent work, Bill. I found an interesting collection of 24 matches
for the phrase "double tap snap" in the Newspapers.com database. The
phrase appears in "The Sun-Herald" of Sydney, Australia.

A "double tap snap" seems to be a competitive event that occurs at a
shooting range often with members of the military. Participants are
given a score. I cannot tell if "double tap" means firing two shots in
rapid succession in this context. The citations start in 1964.

Date: November 08, 1964
Newspaper: The Sun-Herald (The Sydney Morning Herald)
Newspaper Location: New South Wales, Australia
Article: Sporting Details: Shooting
Quote Page 73, Column 4
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
M.R.C.U LONG BAY RANGE
Standing application and stand-
ing double tap snap.--Individual
scores: Lt. Hennessy (R.A.E.), 39;
Sgt Crake (A.C.T.), 39. D./tap
snap scores: Cpl. Young, 10 hts;
[End excerpt]

Date: July 02, 1967
Newspaper: The Sun-Herald (The Sydney Morning Herald)
Newspaper Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Article: Sports Results: Military Rifle Club Union Shoot
Quote Page 68, Column 7
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
MILITARY RIFLE CLUB UNION SHOOT
200yds application kneeling and
double tap snap kneeling, indi-
vidual scores: Maj Griffith (USI)
39 P.O. Millington (RANR) Cdt
Kesby (Scots) 36.
[End excerpt]

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY
CCDC AVMC (USA) <0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at listserv.uga.edu>