[Ads-l] I say "Lusitan-i-ay"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 17 15:10:25 UTC 2019

Not identical, but similar and older:

     "I must suffer for deserting,
     “From the brig Niagara;
     "Read this letter, brothers, sisters,
     “’Tis the last you’ll hear from me.”

>From the Wilkes-Barre _Gleaner_ (June 16, 1815).

JL
And, yeah, ll.2 and 4 are supposed to rhyme.  More or less.