[Ads-l] Rejected posting to ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Apr 9 03:19:51 UTC 2020

I remember being struck by the elegant logic underlying the adjective
"serodiscordant" some decades ago and it has occurred to me over the last
couple of weeks that it (or perhaps a slightly adjusted version) might be
repurposed for the current situation--whenever I see coverage of couples
who are now living apart because they differ in viral polarity. Curiously,
though "serodiscordant" is established enough to have its own (albeit
brief) wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serodiscordant), it
has no entry in the OED so I don't know when it dates from.  1990s, if I
had to guess.

LH

LH