[Ads-l] "throw shade" used at a press briefing

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Apr 20 11:48:19 UTC 2020

I know that "throw shade" is not new, but here it is being used by
Worcester MA's middle-aged white male medical director during the daily
press briefing, which just makes me happy:

“Disaster planners and emergency management people prepare, prepare,
prepare for disasters, then the disaster comes and the disaster is not
necessarily as bad as we thought it might be,” he said. “Then there’s
some shade thrown at the disaster planners because, ‘Oh you
overestimated, you overestimated.’ And that’s a good problem to have.”
-- Dr. Michael Hirsh, City of Worcester medical director.

https://www.telegram.com/news/20200419/lacking-capacity-worcester-tech-shelter-closed-46-homeless-with-covid-19-at-dcu-center-field-hospital