[Ads-l] Antedating of "Pastrami"

Marc Sacks msacksg at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 27 14:26:12 UTC 2020

I've also seen it spelled "pastromi" though I can't recall where - maybe in
the Boston area, where I've seen "baigels" and dry "cleansers" (I suppose
the s is silent). Can anyone track this down? A search for "pastromi" only
turns up pastrami. (In fact, when I typed the former in this reply the
spell-checker automatically changed "o" to "a" and I had to change it back.)

Marc Sacks