[Ads-l] "If a tree falls..."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 22 19:41:37 UTC 2020

A little earlier:

1853  _Green Mountain Freeman_  (Montpelier, Vt.) (June 23) 4:  "If a tree
falls, and no one hears it, does it make a noise?" The above question was
announced in the _Rondout Courier_,  for discussion, last evening, in the
debating wing of the Lyceum of that village.  Three disputants were named
on each side.

Credited to the _Poughkeepsie American_.

That's entertainment!

JL