[Ads-l] Joke: "How Many People Work Here?" "About Half of Them"

Fri Aug 28 12:23:02 UTC 2020

The QI article has now been updated with the “Fliegende Blätter”
citation. There is usually a delay while the new information
propagates through the distributed system.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/08/27/how-many/

[Begin addition to acknowledgement]
Many thanks to Joe Stynes, Daniel Rentzsch, and Peter Reitan who
searched for the German version of the joke based on the
acknowledgement information provided in “Transatlantic Tales”. The
search concluded successfully. Also thanks to Dan Goncharoff and Joe
Stynes for estimating the publication date in “Fliegende Blätter”.
[End addition to acknowledgement]

Your help is greatly appreciated
Garson O'Toole