[Ads-l] Request April 1921 issue of The Smart Set containing important story by W. Somerset Maugham

Sun Feb 9 22:59:28 UTC 2020

Great, thanks, Dave!

"The Smart Set" was published in New York; hence, all the issues
between 1900 and 1923 are in the public domain in the U.S. In fact,
now that we have entered 2020, all the issues in 1924 should also be
in the public domain.

As you mentioned, after seeing the PDF, I was able to determine that
"The Smart Set" (1900-1923) was in ProQuest database of "American
Periodicals from the Center for Research Libraries". Unfortunately, I
do not have access to that database.

The website of crl.edu states "The Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
is an international consortium of university, college, and independent
research libraries." "The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an
independent not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization."

It would be great CRL would coordinate with HathiTrust, Internet
Archive, or Google to scan all issues 1990-1924 "The Smart Set".

Garson