[Ads-l] Elvavr=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=A5let_?=in the US?

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 29 02:05:38 UTC 2020

For those who, like me, don't know Swedish, or at least not the word:

Elvavrålet (Swedish: the eleven roar) is a student tradition where students
at universities and colleges at a certain time every night in student
residential areas (22:00 or 23:00, on Lappkärrsberget only Tuesdays) open
their windows, go out onto balconies or rooftops and scream to relieve
stress.

The roar is also called the Delphi roar (after the student residential area
Delphi in Lund), the Flogsta roar,[1][2] (after the neighborhood Flogsta in
Uppsala) the Lappkärr cry (after the neighborhood Lappkärrsberget in
Stockholm), the Ten cry, the Tuesday scream or Anxiety scream. The
phenomenon has been known since the 1970s, and has been the subject of
academic papers.
*[citation needed] *
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvavr%C3%A5let]