[Ads-l] antedating "cloud nine" "cloud seven"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 12 19:56:14 UTC 2020

Google Books has a snippet from the journal Electrical West dated 1936 (but
unverified):

FOUND INSIDE – PAGE 25
Trouble is they start rebuilding up on cloud nine instead of digging down
into the muck and dirt of humanity to bed rock and starting the foundations
on hard fact.” “But I thought you just said that it was the human
weaknesses of men that made ...

Electrical West was founded in 1895, so the dating is not unreasonable, and
the journal was also from San Francisco.

DanG