[Ads-l] jive 1925 (antedate?)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 15 13:26:18 UTC 2020

Stephen, I haven't checked, but a 1925 "collar" (understand) strikes me as
an antedating. "Collar the jive" was a set phrase in the '30s and '40s.

Wilson, unless I don't collar your drift, final position "though" sounds
perfectly normal and multiethnic to me.

JL