[Ads-l] glitch (1940)

dave at WILTON.NET dave at WILTON.NET
Wed Sep 23 13:09:03 UTC 2020

Older emails on this list have it from 1948. Again, more evidence that the
general sense precedes the technical, electrical engineering sense. Also,
both this and the 1948 instance are from radio, which shows a crossover path
from the general to the engineering sense.

Brush, Katherine. "Out of My Mind" (syndicated column). Miami Herald, 19 May
1940, G2. NewsBank: America's Historical Newspapers.

"When the radio talkers make a little mistake in diction they call it a
'fluff,' and when they make a bad one they call it a 'glitch,' and I love
it."