[Ads-l] glitch (1940)

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 23 15:43:10 UTC 2020

Fred Shapiro shared the 1940 cite (as it appeared in the Washington Post)
back in 2010:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2010-July/101157.html

I credited Fred with the find in my Word Routes column about "glitch" in
2013. (I also contribute a cite from 1943.)

https://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/the-hidden-history-of-glitch/

--bgz