[Ads-l] to victim-blame, vt

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 9 18:21:11 UTC 2021

Arnold Zwicky covered these back-formations on his blog in 2013. He
observed that "slut-shame" was mostly transitive and "victim-blame" mostly
intransitive.

https://arnoldzwicky.org/2013/04/15/synthetic-compounds-and-back-formed-verbs-rape/

As mentioned in that post, "slut-shame" got included in the Summer 2013
installment of "Among the New Words" (AmSp 88.2).

http://bit.ly/ATNW88-2