[Ads-l] The cavalry arrives in the nick of time.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 2 02:10:53 UTC 2021

Good find.

The phrase seems to have become proverbial only in the '20s or '30s (at the
earliest) presumably with reference to some forgotten movie/s. (I was
unable to find the phrase in any early film review, however.)

JL