[Ads-l] the birds and the bees

Tue Dec 21 03:29:59 UTC 2021

Excellent antedating, Ben.

Here are two precursors although the key phrases mention additional animals.

Date: March 1, 1935
Newspaper: The Chalk Line
Newspaper Location: Johnson City, Tennessee
Article: Rude Interlude
Quote Page 8, Column 2
Database: Newspapers.com
https://www.newspapers.com/image/588956545/

[Begin excerpt]
Lucid Lucy, whose mother just the other day told her about the birds
and bees and flowers and rabbits and frogs, wants to know if exactly
seventy-five pounds of heat, pressure, heat (take your choice) is
necessary for an instructor to have a little bundle from heaven for
lecture demonstrations.
[End excerpt]