[Ads-l] failure is not an option

Mon Jan 25 00:27:37 UTC 2021

In 1970: "Look, you do not have failure as an option at this college".

Date: January 4, 1970
Newspaper: Chicago Tribune
Newspaper Location: Chicago, Illinois
Article: Dr. Hurst's 'Revolution' at Malcolm X; continuation title:
Hurst Explains the Academic 'Revolution' at Malcolm X College
Author: Chesly Manly
Quote Page 2A, Column 5
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
What we're saying to our student is, 'Look, you do not have failure as
an option at this college. When you come to this college as a student
you're going to remain a student until such time as you have met the
requirements, the objectives; and once you have these objectives at
the minimum level we're going to give you a grade of A, B, or C. '
[End excerpt]

Garson