[Ads-l] -ski, whatevski(s), broski

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jul 5 14:37:42 UTC 2021

> On Jul 5, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
>
> A 1978 hit from an SNL episode is the earliest cite in Jon’s HDAS.  I assume that “brewski” was the clear sponsor of both “broski” and “bluntski” on phonological and semantic grounds respectively.
>
> LH

P.S.  “Brewski” is well enough established that there were always a lot of puns based on Tedy Bruschi’s name, given that “brewski” and “Bruschi” are homophones, at least since he joined our local football team, the New England Patriots, in time for their first three Super Bowl victories. He retired a decade or so ago and is one of the talking heads at ESPN now.