[Ads-l] Quote: The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it

Stanton McCandlish smccandlish at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 16 18:09:39 UTC 2021

When I worked at the Electronic Frontier Foundation (which Gilmore
co-founded) for about a decade, he never denied being the quip's originator
during my tenure, and EFF repeated it frequently.  And yes Gilmore runs
toad.com.

--
Stanton McCandlish
McCandlish Consulting

+1 415 234 3992

https://www.linkedin.com/in/SMcCandlish

"*History*, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant,
which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly
fools."
—Ambrose Bierce, *The Devil's Dictionary* (1911)
"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat.
And some of us get to sit there with notebooks."
—George Carlin, *Archive of American Television* interview (2008)