[Ads-l] Request information about Hitchcock / Truffaut quotation via HathiTrust or hardcopy

dave at WILTON.NET dave at WILTON.NET
Fri Mar 5 14:38:28 UTC 2021

I just sent Garson page scans for the Take One and American Film pieces. Still looking for the 1983 book.

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf Of ADSGarson O'Toole
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:59 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: [ADS-L] Request information about Hitchcock / Truffaut quotation via HathiTrust or hardcopy

Warning: This message is about a quotation that refers to sex and violence.

I received a request to explore a quotation about Alfred Hitchcock's directorial techniques. The quotation has been attributed to Grace Kelly, Alfred Hitchcock, and François Truffaut. I think it was originally crafted by Truffaut.

This is a long message. The highest priority request is "Take One" in May 1976. The second highest priority is "Hitchcock / Truffaut" 1983 revised French edition.

The earliest published evidence I've identified points to the film journals "Take One" and "American Film". A full view of the citations below apparently is accessible via HathiTrust for individuals at research universities such as University of Florida, Gainesville. You might have access, and I am asking for your help to verify the citations and determine the full context.