[Ads-l] Word: dead stock / deadstock =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=never worn footwear or clothing; alternative definition: never sold items

Mon Mar 8 03:06:39 UTC 2021

Thanks for sharing the helpful information from the OED, Colin. I
think the sense of "deadstock" employed by collectors has evolved from
the original sense.

Collectors seem to use "deadstock" to refer to items that have been
purchased but kept in pristine condition with the original packaging,
e.g., unused footwear in boxes and unused toys in boxes.

Garson