[Ads-l] New Yale Book of Quotations

Tue Mar 9 16:53:01 UTC 2021

Wonderful news, Fred. The much anticipated second edition of Yale Book
of Quotations will establish the new standard in quotation
scholarship.

Your efforts are paramount because quotations are the gems of human
culture that have been carefully quarried and polished by numerous
hands over many centuries: the wittiest quips, the greatest insights,
the cleverest banter, the sharpest observations, the funniest jokes,
the most heartbreaking verities, and the highest aspirations.

Fred's comment about famous quotations crafted by obscure women
indicates why researching quotations is so enjoyable. The researcher
is solving a series of tricky whodunit mysteries while overcoming
confounding red herrings.

Thanks to all the helpful list members, and congratulations on the
mysteries each of you has solved in the world of quotations, phrases,
and words.

Garson