[Ads-l] New ethnic slur for Pacific Islanders et sim.?

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Sat May 15 18:19:53 UTC 2021

In the _Honolulu Star-Bulletin_, Honolulu, Hawaii of 13 Nov 2002, p 43
col 5, the "Reel News" feature installment titled "New film gives Oahu a
bounce", by Tim Ryan, he observes regarding the filming of the 2004
(issued) remake of _The Big Bounce_ (from a novel of the same name by
Elmore Leonard),

---
And in the category of firsts, Hawaiian activists are called "menehune
huggers" and Hawaiians "coconut niggers."
---

I didn't find the phrase in the 1983 printing of Leonard's novel.

--
James Eric Lawson