[Ads-l] New s-word idiom

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Apr 12 14:56:56 UTC 2022

According to that occasionally impeachable source, urbandictionary.com,
"rail", v. is used generally for, in one contributor's word, 'to fornicate
with, without regard for emotional attachment'. Others specify rough,
violent intercourse, including but not necessarily limited to the anal
variety. More curiously, another contributor proposes an etym(yth)ology,
deriving the verb from a blend of 'really' and 'nail', v.

LH