[Ads-l] Source-Goal Confusion online

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 27 15:51:38 UTC 2022

I'd come across earlier cases of SWAP IN [NEW] for [OLD] as well as cases
of SWAP OUT [OLD] for [NEW]. What's weird here (for me, and I take it for
Geoff) is that SWAP X for Y, without the particle, behaves like "swap in",
instead of like "swap out". I can swap my baseball card for yours (or I
could have 50 years ago), but I couldn't swap yours for mine, only you
could.

LH