[Ads-l] Source-Goal Confusion online

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 27 17:34:56 UTC 2022

It is in mine. To me, the basic or root sense of "swap" is
   "to give (something) in exchange (for something else)",
not
   "to accept (something) in exchange (for something else)".

If you went, say, to a clothing swap with a shirt whose design you had
grown tired of, and gave it to someone else in exchange for a sweater that
you liked but they didn't, would you later say
   "I swapped this sweater yesterday",
or similarly
   "I swapped this sweater for that old ugly shirt yesterday"?
I wouldn't.

Mark Mandel