[Ads-l] Antedating of "Jinx, v."

Pete Morris mr_peter_morris at OUTLOOK.COM
Mon Aug 8 10:41:18 UTC 2022

Here's another cite, possibly 1912 or not long after.

Asked if it were true that a cross-eyed girl was a jinx to a player he
replied
"It takes less than a cross-eyed girl to jinx them  sometimes"

https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Santa_Fe_Employes_Magazine/WnMhAQAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22to+jinx%22&dq=%22to+jinx%22&printsec=frontcover

Just for clarity, is this a specific baseball term?  Or would jinx as a
verb in other
contexts count?  (I don't follow sport at all, and baseball is a
complete mystery to me)