[Ads-l] Joke: How many people here have telekinetic powers? =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=A6_?=Raise my hand! - Emo Philips

Sun Aug 21 18:51:47 UTC 2022

Bill Mullins told me about a great new citation he has located for the
joke in the subject line. Emo Philips received credit in 1985.
Previously the earliest citation was in 1990 (also found by Bill).

[ref] 1985 November 15, Birmingham Post-Herald, Section: Kudzu
Magazine, Emo Philips is, well, different by Pamela Morse (Kudzu
Reporter), Quote Page 10, Column 1, Birmingham, Alabama.
(Newspapers_com) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
Emo’s comedy has been called intellectual. He’d rather just call it funny.
"How many people here have telekinetic powers? ... Raise my hand!"
[End excerpt]

The Quote Investigator article from 2018 has been updated, and the
changes should be visible now.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/11/16/hand/

Garson