[Ads-l] dog sausage in "A Tale of Two Cities"

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 24 20:59:54 UTC 2022

This email didn’t make a lot of sense as it was.

Barry Popik quotes (https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/hot_dog_polo_grounds_myth_original_monograph/ <https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/hot_dog_polo_grounds_myth_original_monograph/>) Gerald Cohen as saying, ""The term was based on the popular 19th-century belief that dog meat could turn up in sausages," says Cohen, "and this belief had a basis in fact.”

FWIW, this struck me as an interesting and well-read reference to that belief/truth. BB