[Ads-l] Time is what keeps everything from happening at once (March 15, 1919 citation now verified)

Thu Aug 25 18:37:02 UTC 2022

Back in July 2019 I posted a note requesting verification help. Now,
kind librarians at the University of Louisville Archives and Special
Collections Repository sent me scans which verify the quotation below.

[ref] 1919 March 15, All-Story Weekly, Volume 95, Number 1, The Girl
in the Golden Atom by Ray Cummings, Start Page 1, Quote Page 20,
Column 1, The Frank A. Munsey Company, New York. (Verified with scans
from University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections
Repository) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
“How would you describe time?”
The Big Business Man smiled. “Time,” he said, “is what keeps
everything from happening at once.”
“Very clever,” laughed the Chemist.
[End excerpt]

The Quote Investigator article on this topic has been updated.

Time Is What Keeps Everything From Happening At Once
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/07/06/time/

Garson O’Toole
QuoteInvestigator.com