[Ads-l] Disagreement about AI and education: The college essay is dead (not dead)

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 18 23:06:50 UTC 2022

That bit in the Slate piece links to a tweet screenshotting ChatGPT's
Seuss-style history of London -- judge for yourself:

https://twitter.com/punk6529/status/1598422898166865936

This Twitter thread collects a few of my ChatGPT prompts from when it went
public: "Write a history of crosswords in the style of a conspiracy
theorist," "Tell me about Occam's razor but get increasingly cranky,"
"Write a story about Mothra joining the cast of 'Jersey Shore.'" I was
impressed with the results (and it really does "spit them out").

https://twitter.com/bgzimmer/status/1600586047221600260

Try it out yourself: https://chat.openai.com