[Ads-l] the whole nine yards = "all the rest", "everything else"

Sun Jan 30 15:56:45 UTC 2022

The Post Most, a newsletter from the Washington Post, quotes a lawyer
specializing
in occupational safety.  "They" is the Occupational Safety and Health
Administration.

GAT

“If they lose, they tell their base, ‘Boy, have we tried and we’re
continuing to try,' ” he said. “If they win, it would have been even
better. So that’s why I think inordinate resources are being poured into
this effort, knowing full well that in the fullness of time, we hope that
omicron and the whole nine yards is going to become manageable and we’re
not going to be in the midst of a pandemic."

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851