[Ads-l] Further Antedating of "Bikini"

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 30 01:15:00 UTC 2022

How does this fit, if at all, with these definitions of "brimborion" (from
https://www.wordnik.com/words/brimborion
<https://www.wordnik.com/words/brimborion)>)?:*

*from The Century Dictionary.*
*noun* A trifling object kept as a charm or gewgaw; a trifle: as, “handing
brimborions, baubles, knickknacks,” etc.

*from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.*
*noun obsolete* A useless or valueless object
<<<<<

MAM

*This may be the only time I have used these three punctuation marks
together, not counting the self-referential asterisk.