[Ads-l] dude = 'person of any gender'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 12 14:37:52 UTC 2022

HDAS has an ex. of "cold dudes" = cold bottles (or cans) of beer from so
early as 1961 (and ref. to early '50s), where "dude" = 'thing, usu.
manufactured.'

Cf. now familiar use of 'guy' in the same sense - though used with "what,"
not "who": (e.g., "What's this guy?").

JL