[Ads-l] Databases for Historical U.S. Searching

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 28 23:58:16 UTC 2022

I find that the following also come in handy sometimes, mostly because I
sense that some of the newspapers in these collections haven't appeared in
some of the better known databases.

Georgia Historic Newspapers: https://gahistoricnewspapers.galileo.usg.edu/

A similar one for Texas: https://texashistory.unt.edu/

California Digital Newspaper Collection: https://cdnc.ucr.edu/

Hoosier State Chronicles: https://newspapers.library.in.gov/

(TBH, poking around to see what each state has to share for its historic
newspapers sometimes helps.)

Yours in competitive antedating,
Bonnie

I am trying to do comprehensive searching for a certain phrase in U.S.