[Ads-l] Problematic Definition of "M.V.P."

Mon May 2 17:50:36 UTC 2022

A recent article about the NBA is pertinent to LH's point about
recognizing individual success embedded within team failure.

Website: NBC Sports
Date: April 28, 2022
Article: How many times has the NBA MVP lost in Round 1 of the playoffs?
Author: Eric Mullin
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-playoffs-how-many-times-has-mvp-lost-first-round

[Begin excerpt]
Nikola Jokic is expected to receive his second consecutive NBA MVP
award sometime in the near future.

And when he does, his season will have already been over.

Jokic and the Denver Nuggets were eliminated in the first round of the
2022 NBA Playoffs with a Game 5 loss to the Golden State Warriors on
Wednesday.
[End excerpt]

Garson