[Ads-l] caucasity

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 6 22:07:25 UTC 2022

"Caucacity" was nominated in the Most Creative category for 2017 ADS Word
of the Year. We also treated it in the Feb. 2021 installment of "Among the
New Words" (AmSp 96.1).

https://read.dukeupress.edu/american-speech/article-abstract/96/1/105/168403/Among-the-New-Words

In the installment, ATNW co-editor Kelly Wright discussed examples going
back to a Nov. 22, 2012 music review on Vice by The Kid Mero: "Brian Eno’s
‘Lux’ Is Full Of Caucacity In A Mostly Good Way" (also cited in the
Dictionary.com entry that Nancy linked to).

https://www.vice.com/en/article/6ez9nr/brian-enos-lux-is-full-of-caucacity-in-a-mostly-good-way

--bgz