[Ads-l] New to me

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 26 23:32:49 UTC 2022

There is whitefish, "any of several valuable silvery food fishes (family
Salmonidae, or in some classifications, Coregonidae), generally found in
cold northern lakes of Europe, Asia, and North America, often in deep
water." (https://www.britannica.com/animal/whitefish)

Also:
    "Redfish is a common name for several species of fish."  (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redfish)
    "The bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix) is the only extant species of the
family Pomatomidae." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish)
   "The tautog (Tautoga onitis), also known as the blackfish ... in New
York/New Jersey, [and] New England." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautog)

MAM

(I keep thinking of Dr Seuss's *One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish*, but
that hardly counts.)