[Ads-l] Preliminary Appeal for Notable Quotations of 2022

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Fri Oct 28 19:26:33 UTC 2022

This quote seems outstandingly notable to me:

Prof Myles Allen, at the University of Oxford, said: “The combined
profits, taxes and royalties generated by the oil and gas industry over
the past few months would be enough to capture every single molecule of
CO2 produced by their activities and reinject it back underground. So
why are we only talking about transforming society and not about
obliging a highly profitable industry to clean up the mess caused by the
products it sells?”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/27/world-close-to-irreversible-climate-breakdown-warn-major-studies

--
James Eric Lawson