[Ads-l] mysterious antedatings of "foo fighter"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 13 11:37:24 UTC 2023

Great find. As we all know, Smokey's office wall sported a sign that said,
"Where There's Foo There's Fire."  If "foo fighter" also appeared in the
strip in '38-'39 (which is plausible), I'm surprised it hasn't turned up
via database yet. FWIW (zilch), I don't recall "foo fighter" in the strip
from ca1958-ca1962, when I was reading it faithfully - and when I first
learned of WW2 foo fighters.

JL