[Ads-l] emerging Antarctic accent?

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Mon Aug 28 23:05:10 UTC 2023

This isn't surprising to me. I haven't been to Antarctica, but I have
co-workers who have been, both in scientific and logistical roles.

I think other examples could be found of in-group dialects or idiolects
that come more from a common lived experience over a considerable stretch
of time, disconnected from one's dialect of origin (and showing up in both
native speakers of English and second-language speakers, but the presence
of the latter is not necessary).

Chris

Chris Waigl . chris.waigl at gmail.com . chris at lascribe.net
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net . http://chryss.eu