[Ads-l] to X-tweet [was: Noun: Hump day]

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 1 16:48:28 UTC 2023

In the quoted email below, Garson O’Toole uses the verb “to x-tweet.”

Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter#Rebrand_to_X) cites Elon Musk calling ’Twitter” “X/Twitter” as early as June 30 of this year. I found only two citations of “x-tweet” on Google, though I searched only for “x tweeted” and “x tweeting”:

1. Alex Segura, Lisa Jewell & SA Crosby Write Adult Marvel Crime Novels
Rich Johnston
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/alex-segura-lisa-jewell-sa-crosby-write-adult-marvel-crime-novels/

###
SA Cosby X/tweeted "Sweet Christmas!!!!
###
###

“to xeet” (many instances are on the internet) is earlier on the page:

###
On X/Twitter, Seguar tweeted/xeeted "I'm writing a DAREDEVIL CRIME NOVEL.
###
###

2. Republican presidential debate at UA will compete with distractions
Jim Zeigler
https://1819news.com/news/item/republican-presidential-debate-at-ua-will-compete-with-distractions

###
It will be front and center of the ever-nearer presidential election cycle. It will be nationally televised, streamed, X-tweeted, and covered by national and international news media.
###
###

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA