[Ads-l] Appeal for Notable Quotations of 2023

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 1 17:29:48 UTC 2023

In case Fred hasn't already wrapped up his list, there have been a couple
of notable quotations this week in the kiss-off department:

"If somebody's gonna try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me
with money? Go fuck yourself. Go. Fuck. Yourself. Is that clear? I hope it
is."
--Elon Musk at the DealBook conference, Nov. 29
https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/29/23981928/elon-musk-ad-boycott-go-fuck-yourself-destroy-x

"Why would I want to stay here? To hell with this place."
--George Santos after being expelled from the House, Dec. 1
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/george-santos-expulsion-vote-12-1-23/h_24aeb59d6cf801650459a5fb38b22ecb